1.09.2009

Ryan's Favourite Oatmeal Cookies


I enjoy baking instead of buying cookies for my appreciative teenagers and husband. This recipe is from Dawn's mom's 5-Star Recipe file. If you like you can add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the mix before they go on the baking sheet. Ryan is thrilled she shared the recipe with us. Thanks Dawn!! I'll try to eat just one, honest... After a long, cold day outside in the snow tracking with my friends and Chase I'm sure I burned off enough calories to indulge in a cookie. Or two...

5 STAR OATMEAL COOKIES

½ cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup all purpose flour
2-½ cups 3-to-5 minute rolled oats
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt

Cream together butter and shortening; add brown sugar and white sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix in blender until well combined.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture in 3 instalments, mixing well after each addition.

Drop by teaspoonfuls for small cookies or a filled and levelled ice cream scoop for large "Ryan sized cookies" onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 8 – 12 minutes for small cookies, 16 minutes for the large sized cookies. Let cool completely on a rack.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummmmm! I am on a sewing bee this weekend and I think these are just what I need to get me through...definitly on my list to make first thing in the morning!

t does wool said...

delicious...I really must try...oatmeal love!

Nicole said...

Oh my! Oatmeal is the favorite cookie around here, definitly going to make these~they look delish!Thanks!

CelticCastOn said...

oooooohhhhh oatmeal cookies are sooo yummy. These ones look great! I might just have to try them.

Claudia Bugh said...

Yum yum! I have not been happy with the oatmeal cookies I've made so this is a timely and helpful recipe for me! Thank you so much :)

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look so good!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Those look divine! I have to say I will probably have to add some chocolate chips to them though (love oatmeal and choc)...yummy!

Philigry said...

i love oatmeal cookies! thanks for the recipe. i will try them.

JoAnn said...

YUM! Thanks for the recipe. I'll be making these soon.
Hope you're feeling better.

Alison said...

Those look way better than the oateal cookies I made the other day- I have no idea what I did wrong, but something was definitely not right...

Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe. I like baking for my sons too, and I think they would love these!

Popular Posts