11.07.2009

FO: Caera Cowl by Lucy Sweetland

This pattern was a pleasure to knit from start to finish. The cables are lovely and the pattern easy to follow. This is a gift knit, I like it so much I'll knit one for myself. I still need to block this cowl, then it's off in the mail.

Details:
Pattern: Caera Cowl by Lucy Sweetland, Published in A Black Pepper, free
Yarn: Naturally Hand Knit "Sensation", Shade 301 ~ about 1-1/2 skeins


I highly recommend a visit to Lucy's blog, it's wonderful and so inspiring. Beautifully photographed and one of my favourite places to visit. Thank you for the pattern, Lucy!

I've been knitting like crazy here: working on Christmas knits, finishing some WIPs and stitching away at test knitting. In the midst of all of that I finally got my new glasses. It's huge adjustment for me since there was a radical shift in my prescription which is rarely stable. They're my first pair of Progressives. That's been odd for me to adjust to. While my doctor said most people don't need bifocals at my age there was no other option. I picked them up 2 days ago and really am getting the hang of them. They've made knitting and pattern reading a lot easier. Everything is so much clearer that I'm sort of wondering how I was functioning in a blur...

I'll post more to the blog again soon, lots going on and super busy. Have a great weekend everyone!

31 comments:

Asti said...

What a beautiful cowl,I love the colour. Thankyou for the link to her blog - lovely !

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a gorgeous cowl! It also looks super cozy ;)

Lucy Sweetland's does have a wonderful blog and it is a pleasure to visit. I hope to knit one of her patterns myself one day!

Enjoy your weekend. My stress period is finally over and next week I'll have a nice relaxing visit with my parents. Yippee!

t does wool said...

this is gorgeous Renee. Lcy is such a talent.

Chris said...

Gorgeous cowl! It's a great gift idea. I love Lucy's blog and patterns, too.

Thea said...

I love Lucy's stuff -- and that cowl is just gorgeous - your photo is lovely (knowing how hard it is to take a good picture....)

great gifty!

CelticCastOn said...

delicious cables I can see why you'll be making one for yourself.

kim said...

That cowl is gorgeous. The color and the halo are just lovely. Lucy's patterns are so amazing.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful and it also looks cozy and warm. Very lucky recipient.

shandy said...

I just love those cables. Just discovered your blog and am enjoying reading your previous posts.

Anna said...

What a gorgeous cowl! I've seen very expensive designer cabled cowls on sale this autumn, you are clearly a very 'fashion forward' knitter!

jillian said...

That is gorgeous! And just the right size on you.

Jane said...

beautiful! it looks warm and toasty too!

kv said...

yum...i've been thinking about cowls lately as it's getting colder here, that one looks like a possibility.

Teresa C said...

I love it! Add another to the queue!

raining sheep said...

Absolutely stunning cowl. I love, love those cables and the yarn looks fantastic. Cowls are just so satisfying.

Nicole said...

What a beautiful cowl! The color looks wonderful and the yarn so soft.
Would love to see your new glasses........

lucy said...

Oh, it's lovely to see that you gave this pattern a try. I bet someone will be happy during the holidays!

i hope you'll enjoy your week Renee.

Kathy said...

a lovely gift!

peaknits said...

Wow - this cowl is gorgeous! Good luck getting everything done!

Kym said...

Beautiful cowl. The texture is wonderful!

meghanaf said...

Wow - so lovely. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Lucy's blog!

Jessica said...

I love that cowl--the yarn looks so fuzzy and warm!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful cowl! I love the stitch definition. You have a really beautiful piece.

Philigry said...

this is beautiful! i am off to check out her blog right now!

Journeying Five said...

i love it! it looks sensational in a soft gray the pattern really stands out!

larissa said...

your cowl is gorgeous! and i agree - lucy is a super talent with a visually stunning blog.

zeliaevora said...

oh! i love it!

Journeying Five said...

yep! i thought I recognized it! Love Love Love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kristyn Knits said...

This project is still waiting for me! You did a wonderful job! And it looks perfect on your recipient!

Knitterella said...

That is beautiful!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

This is the prettiest cowl I have seen hope it is on ravelry your knitting is gorgeous.
I'm very far sited and my glasses are pretty heavy it was weird when I no longer had the lines but use to it now.Hugs Darcy

Popular Posts