1.21.2010

an update

Thank you.  Everyone.  You're support, prayers and kind words mean so much to my family and me.
An update:  Tuesday, January 19th dad was able to be extubated from the ventilator and is now breathing on his own with oxygen assistence.  He's starting to be able to talk and responding well to physio and his doctors.  He'll remain in ICU for some time yet, but after several major setbacks including mini stroke and blood clots in his lungs while sedated on life support -- dad is on the path to recovery.  
I've had little time to knit or do much of anything, as you all understand life per normal goes on hold, but will post back to regularly to the blog as soon as I'm able.  I'm looking forward to visiting everyone on their blogs and on Rav as well.  Thank you so much everyone for the shoulders to lean on and emails.  Be well, be happy, be healthy  and tell those you love that you love them every day. 
Best,
Renee 

18 comments:

Thea said...

What a relief! I'm so glad that he's doing better. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts...

Celestial said...

More hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and hugs!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that he's doing better! Must be a huge relief for you and your family.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Such a relief to hear he is improving and will soon be home surrounded by his loved ones!

Hugs,
Claudia

Nicole said...

I am so happy to read this!!! Many well wishes your way for your father, for all of you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Kathy said...

I just sent you an email! I'm happy to hear that he's breathing on his own. Continuing to send positive energy to you and your father.

Sheila said...

I am so glad your dad is off the ventilator. You must be greatly relieved. Hug your poodles.

kim said...

Oh, that is such good news! Thanks for the gentle reminder of how precious life is. Best to you; my thoughts are with you.

Asti said...

Oh, that's great news. Keep strong...xx

t does wool said...

thank you for the update.
so good to here he is on the path to recovery Renee...prayers

Peggy said...

Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. My best to you.

Doortje said...

So good to hear that your Dad is doing better. We keep him in our thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Jane said...

Sending good thoughts your way.

raining sheep said...

Hugs, so glad your dad is on the mend. Now,....take care of YOURSELF too!

amanda said...

Sending hugs your way Renee. I do hope that things are calmer for you now.

Amanda x

Philigry said...

oh, i hope he is still doing well, Renee! take care of yourself! I will be thinking about you!

Ally Jay said...

Glad to hear that there's good news. Hang on in there.

kids bedding said...

nice post

Popular Posts